What is the RS9113?
The RS9113 is a chip or wireless module (RS9113-11-3) that comes with:
- WIFI 2.4
- WIFI 5.8 GHz
- Classic Bluetooth BT 2.1+EDR, BT 3.0
- Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth Smart, Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Calculation power on internal MCU for your own application
- Huge amount of interfaces for periphery like I2C, I2S, SPI, QSPI, UART, GPIO, JTAG and analogue I/O
You will get magic seven features to design your next M2M device easy. The RS9113 you can get as a chip or as a ready to use wireless module called RS9113-11-3 with necessary radio certifications.
What can you design with RS113 quickly?
With the RS1113 you can for example easily design combinations of:
- WIFI + Classic Bluetooth
- WIFI + ZigBee
- WIFI + Classic Bluetooth + ZigBee
- WIFI + Classic Bluetooth + Bluetooth LE + ZigBee
Keep in mind that all wireless transceivers inside the RS9113 will end in one single antenna. The protocol stack behind the RS9113 will take care, that the WIFI on 2400 MHz, the Classic Bluetooth on 2400 MHz, the ZigBee on 2400 MHz and the Bluetooth LE on 2400 MHz will not interfere. If you select different wireless modules then they do not know each other. Each module will try to catch a gap in the 2400 MHz band. Think about that, there is not just the WIFI router at one home – there are routers of the neighbours as well.
What set-ups will the RS9113 offer you?
The RS9113 offers options like:
- All wireless transceivers controlled by internal MCU
- All wireless transceivers controlled by SPI or Uart and AT commands from external host
- All wireless transceivers controlled by SPI and stack running on a powerful MCU (e.g. Resenas)
- All wireless transceivers controlled by SDIO and the stack running on an embedded PC with Linux, Android or Windows XX
Which M2M applications does the RS9113 cover easily?
Examples for applications with RS9113:
- Mobile tele-medicine device on battery (typical use case for set-up 1, because it saves the external MCU)
- Upgrading an 5 years old ready developed sensor device with wireless links (typical use case for set-up 2, because the existing old device will not touched)
- Machine in factory with sensors on ZigBee and back-link by WIFI (typical use case for applications that needs a medium wireless data rate)
- Home automation on Android (typical use case for HA applications with graphical Human Interface e.g. TV in living room)
- Home automation on Linux (typical use case for HA applications that does not need a GUI and will run a web-server on the HA system)
If you want to play with with magic RS9113 as well, then do not hesitate to send me an email (harald.naumann (at) gsm-modem.de ). I will take care on your RS913 evaluation kit, the right selection of antennas, prototypes and if you like up to mass production. There is a huge amount of engineering offices with skills in HA, tele-medicine, people/animal tracking or any other wireless application in M2M behind me. Just email, contact me via Linkedin, contact me via Xing , contact me via Google+, contact me through Google Messenger, call my landline , my mobile, skype me or just text me on my mobile. I will come back to you for sure. Besides all, this digital virtual stuff I can offer a face to face meeting as well. Thank you in advance for any request.