Please follow the described steps carefully to save time by powering on your Android heart rate demo application on your Motorola Razr Droid.
1. Preparing your Motorola Razr Droid
- Go to the Android Market and download the app called nRF HRM Demo to your Android Smart Phone.
- Install the app on your phone. Do not start it for now.
2. Power on your Wahoo Heart Rate Belt
- The Wahoo Heart Rate Belt will be powered on automatically by wearing it at your body. It has no On/Off pin!
3. Go back to your Motorola Razr Droid
- Go to “Settings” -> “Wireless & Networks” -> “Bluetooth Settings”
- Press scan for devices
- Select the belt out of list and click it
- Start the nRF HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) Demo at you phone
4. Motorola Razr Droid with running HRM demo
Please be aware that this photo is a photo montage. As soon you move the Wahoo Heart Rate Belt away from your body the Bluetooth Smart transceiver will be powered off.
I assume that the upper mentioned steps are close the same for the Nordic nRF8001 evaluation kit. I got the nRF8001 development kit this weekend as well, but I canÂ´t use it because my nRFgo motherboard I loaned to one of my customers for testing the ANT+ ICs of Nordic. The nRFgo motherboard is supporting several other Nordic ICs. Anyhow, sooner or later I will have a complete Bluetooth Smart evaluation kit at my office. I will keep you posted for sure.
If you have interest in an own Buetooth Smart (Bluetooth Low Energy) solution then just drop an email to harald.naumann (at) gsm-modem.de