Since a few month I am pushing Smart Home and HA. I am able to support my customers with several kinds of wireless technologies like:
- ZigBee up to ZigBee IP
- Bluetooth 2.1, 3.0 and 4.0
- Proprietary protocols on 433, 868, 915 and 2400 MHz (pear to pear, star and meshed)
Maybe Google’s employees are already testing the Smart home on WIFI and Bluetooth.
Google employees testing the smart home and home entertainment?
Nevertheless I canÂ´t wait for Smart Home or HA software made by Google. I have to go ahead now. One of my customers offers a patented LED light control system. The other is in continuous-flow water heaters. A further customer is in lamp business as well. The next is looking for a door and/or garage door opener. All of them are open and would like to co-operate and to share. I can help with:
The WIFI modules of mine supporting:
- WIFI module with TCP/IP or UDP/IP on AT command interface, by stack on micro controller and by drivers for Linux, Android and Windows XX
- WIFI module with embedded web server
- WIFI module with embedded low power micro controller and SPI, I2C, GPIO and ADC
What I missed was open source Home Automation software. The open source software called FHEM is already running direct on the popular WIFI router of AVM called Fritzbox.
Local HA server FHEM
Fritzbox with FHEM
Cloud based solution on Nimbits
Before I go ahead I would like to ask the community for other open source projects for the Smart Home / Home Automation. Thx in advance for any feedback.