WyzBee – your IoT enabler
The WyzBee board of Redpine Signals includes a wireless module providing Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, and ZigBee connectivity. Moreover it holds a six-axis inertial sensors, an infra-red receiver, a debug port, push-buttons, LEDs, USB ports, and expansion connector. Last but not least there is a Dual Core MCU with memory, wired interfaces and peripherals.
The gadget runs an embedded
TCP/IP networking stack with SSL/TLS/HTTPS security, apart from complete Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, and ZigBee stacks. All mayor wireless interfaces and protocols are included for estimated 29 USD. For just 29 bucks your IoT / M2M idea can be realised. With the WyzBee your IoT M2M idea can come true quickly. In the second step you migrate the prototype on WyzBee board to your final PCB.
WyzBee – basics
- Dual MCU: 100 MHz, 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4F & 100 MHz, 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0 coprocessor
- Memory: 1 MB Flash & 128 kB RAM
- Interfaces: Timer, PWM, GPIO, ADCs, DAC
- Wired connectivity: SPI, USART, I2C, I2S, USB, CAN, LIN, SD-Card, Extension bus, RTC
- Wireless connectivity: Dual mode Wi-Fi+ Bluetooth EDR 2.1 + Bluetooth Low Energy + ZigBee + Infra-red receiver
- Integrated stacks to the cloud: MQTT, CoAP, 6LoWPAN, Thread etc.
WyzBee benefits IoT M2M device makers
The core of WyzBee is the RS10003 of Redpine. The wireless chip, the MCUs, the memory, the interfaces and the peripherals are inside a module. The dimensions of RS10003 are 21 mm x 15 mm x 3 mm only. Application development is supported with a choice of development environments, including IAR, Keil, and free of charge CoIDE. A debug tool, called WyzBee Workbench, is also integrated into the development environment and provides a debug analysis of data traffic between the device and the cloud.
WyzBee features and benefits
- WyzBee platform provides a highly optimized single-source solution for IoT device creation that employs product synthesis across hardware, software and cloud deployment
- WyzBee platform supports ultra-low power multi-protocol wireless connectivity (dual band 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, ZigBee) for future proofing of devices
- Highly integrated embedded software on-module connects to popular cloud services platforms without the need for third party proxy services using SSL and OAuth 1.0
- WyzBee platform enables power optimized low power wearable designs with power profiler
- Physical Unclonable Function (PUF) security allows for enhanced device authentication and hardware software binding
- WyzBee platform features advanced machine learning capability for assisting application enhancement. For more details on how to create your device using WyzBee, please go to Working with WyzBee.
With which IoT M2M application you will start:
- Home Automation – Displays / Thermostats
- Home Appliances – Smart Meters
- Security Systems – IP Network Sensor Nodes
- Gateways: Wi-Fi- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi ZigBee, Wi-Fi to cellular, Infra-red to Wi-Fi or any other you like
- Portable fitness & health monitoring
- Fleet management and asset tracking
- Wireless headsets and speakers
- Medical devices
- Gaming consoles
- Intelligent sensing
- Industrial monitoring and control
- and a lot of other IoT / M2M applications
What about to design your own wireless thermostat?
The WyzBee board wit display extension board is a perfect starting point for your own wireless thermostat.
If you are interested in samples to test the Wyzbee board, then do not hesitate to drop an email to get-my-own-wyzbee (at) gsm-modem.de . Nevertheless, I will keep you posted on this amazing IoT enabler.