2G, 3G and 4G plus GNSS in same shape
The new Sierra Wireless HL6528-G is a real amazing piece of wireless technology. I am close to 20 years in GSM and GPS. In the old times we were happy get a GSM module without GPS in a shape of a cigarette box. Such an old without GPS was discharging your battery quickly.
Welcome to the future – thank you to HL6528-G
- 2G (3G,4G) and GNSS on 22×23 mm only
- GNSS on latest chipset Sirfstar V (GPS + Glonass)
- Pinkompatibel for 3G and 4G @ series HL7 and HL8
- 1 mA in idle mode and still able to receive
- Dual SIM to listen and receive on two cellular networks in parallel
- Real 3.2 Volt as minimum voltage by dual supply voltage
- SMT mounted or plug in by special socket on your PCB
What all this features mean? This I will answer later case by case. What will be the benefit for your application? This answer I will answer later on as well.
Anyhow, the HL6528-G will help to make several GSM/GPS dreams to come true. We all can make three steps ahead by selecting this latest technology.
If you plan an own small tracker and need advice, consulting, prototyping or development then do not hesitate to drop an email to harald.naumann (at) gsm-modem.de
Wireless M2M Blog: http://www.gsm-module.de
Email: harald.naumann (at) gsm-modem.de