Wireless Congress: Systems & Applications
- 15th. November 2018, Munich, Germany
- Time: 16:00 – 17:00
- Speaker: Harald Naumann, tekmodul
- Language: English
- Registration (soon): https://www.wireless-congress.com/home.html
The wireless Internet of Things has a need for inexpensive wireless modules and antennas. An NB-IoT module will cost less than US$ 6 for a 1K unit order. A self-made NB-IoT antenna on a PCB could cost US$ 0. Within 60 minutes, you will learn which is commercially and technically the best antenna option for you – Make it or buy it.
You also will learn how to read an antenna data sheet and which embedded antenna (self-made PCB, chip or Flex-PCB-antenna) is the best option for your wireless IoT application. Moreover, the presentation will show success stories of IoT applications using embedded antennas.
Agenda of the Antenna Tutorial Part I:
- ? Antenna basics
- ? Antenna parameters
- ? Working principle of a Vector Network Analyser
- ? Workflow and selection of embedded antennas
- ? Self-made NB-IoT and GSM antenna on band 2, 3, 8 and 20
- ? Self-made LPWAN antenna (SIGFOX, LoRa, Weightless P) for EU and US
- ? Chip loop antenna design in for Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, ZigBee and GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo)
- ? Several antenna designs and review examples of cellular chip and self-made antennas
- ? Summary: ?Self Made Embedded Antenna Design versus Chip Antenna?
About Harald Naumann
Harald Naumann is a recognized IoT /M2M evangelist with a primary interest in the implementation of wireless applications. He offers over 25 years of professional experience. He comes all the way from Motorola as Service Manager for GSM mobiles and Sales Manager with FALCOM for GSM modules, he was Project Leader and/or Project Member in various teams for wireless based products in telemedicine, GSM locating without GPS or GSM/GPS based tracking devices. Name it ?M2M? or even ?IoT? today! He has authored articles in several magazines, runs this blog related to IoT and M2M since 2009 and has written the ?IoT M2M Cookbook ? How to develop a device on wireless modules ?. His personal mission: none of his customers should reinvent the wheel. He gladly shares his experience and know-how with his customer to support their projects. His service for industrial users: products and services for electronic components with most economic concepts and fastest time to market products. If you like to share the experience and know-how in your IoT or M2M project, please feel free to contact Harald Naumann via E-mail: harald.naumann (at) gsm-modem.de Mobile phone: +49-152-33877687 Skype: h_naumann http://in.linkedin.com/in/naumann http://xing.com/profile/Harald_Naumann