The evaluation board â€žsmart-GSM/PLCâ€œ makes it possible
The GSM-PLC board is designed to realize development from e.g.:
- Remote Control boxes with digital I/Oâ€˜s
- Remote Control boxes with analog inputs
- Gate opener via call by mobile phone
- Telemetry boxes
- Data logging
- Counter monitoring
- GPRS / GSM burglar alarm
- and much more
On its I2C bus you have have a variety of expansion options. A temperature sensor completes the versatility.
All the components around the Python engine are fully assembled for immediate use. There is no additional components or software required needed. Soldering or similar hand work is not needed also. Just start with coding.
The binary function libraries are included in the package and are already installed. A Python development environment is also included in the package as well. The only requirement is a PC (WIN 98/ME/200/XP/Vista/WIN7) with serial interface. Any M2M developer can immediately concentrate on the application .
Three small sample programs contained in the package (open source) can be executed immediately, and demonstrate e.g. the query of the analog, digital inputs and the event counter function.
Developers who want to avoid creating a own hardware that you can use M2M Modem â€žsmart advanced-pyâ€œ. On this M2M modem, your developed Python code is run immediately. Costs of hardware development, and CE tests omitted.
The â€žsmart advanced-pyâ€œ is a small low-cost and high performance PLC with GSM modem for small and medium-sized applications.
- Integrated GSM modem GC864-PY with Python engine from Telit
- Python function library for efficient and fast programming
- GSM Antenna with knuckle
- 8 digital outputs (0/5VDC)
- 1 Event counter (is accessed through the entrance D8)
- 2 relay outputs with potential-free switching contacts
- Activity display of all digital inputs and outputs on LEDâ€˜s
- 2 analog inputs (0-2VDC / 4-20mA)
- 1 Temperature sensor (measurement range -55 to 128 Â° C, resolution 0.5 Â°)
- Serial port ASC0 for control / communication with the modem
- Serial port (RX / TX CMOS) for debugging of Python scripts
- Converter cable CMOS => USB (for debugging)
- I2C Port for external components
- Battery for emergency power supply
- All necessary connection cables included in the set
- Functions for the handling of the SIM card and network functions
- Drivers for I2C â€“ IO Expander
- Drivers for I2C â€“ Temperature Sensor
- Drivers for I2C â€“ Event Counter
- Functions for SMS handling
- Functions for analog and digital inputs
- Function to control the relay outputs
- GPRS functions
You need a cheap and compatible hardware for the industrial use, where your developed application works without changes?
Just drop an email to hn (at) gsm-module or use the form to get further details.