This friendly support question liquid level meter with an integrated GSM modem reached me today
“I am not sure if this is the appropriate way to ask a technical question or if you have the time to answer this kind of questions atall, but I am desperate so I will just try.
I purchased a liquid level meter with an integrated GSM modem. As far as I know this is a 2G technology modem. Unfortunately I have not been able to get it to work. My guess is there is some sort of compatibility problem with the 3.5G sim cards (the only ones available here in Chile). Have you ever had similar problems? Can you point me in the right direction to look for a solution?”
I have seen trouble based on SIM cards before. The GSM modem you mentined is not state of the art. Anyhow, my first proposal is to put the SIM card in a older 2G mobile phone and to test it again.You mentioned not the cellular operator you try to use.
Bad operators for you, because they support 3G only
- Telefonica Movil de ChileÂ (TELEFONICA) = 3G 850
- Entel PCS Telecomunicaciones S.A.Â (ENTEL PCS) = 3G 1900
- Nextel S.A.Â (Nextel Chile) = 3G 1700/2100
- VTR MOVIL, S.A.Â (VTR MOVIL) =3G 1700/2100
Good operators you you, because they support 2G
- Entel PCS Telecomunicaciones S.A.Â (ENTEL PCS) = GSM 1900
- CLARO CHILE SAÂ (CLARO CHILE) = GSM 1900
- Telefonica Movil de ChileÂ (TELEFONICA) = GSM 850/1900
The better option is to have a look on the GSM modem with embedded watchdog listed as below:
Some benefits of this GSM modem
- Latest GSM Quad band modem technology inside
- Hardware watch dog inside
- Battery and charger inside
- Option to run own code on Python inside
GSM modem application examples
Burglar alarm, monitoring of server room, standard AT modem with watchdog, operating hour timer of machines, remote control, remote monitoring, fault detector, data logger â€¦ and a lot of more. Liquid level we can measure and detect as well.
If you have interest in this GSM modem made by a business friend of mine then just drop an email to harald.naumann (at) gsm-modem.de or use the form to get further details.