6LowPAN evaluation kit with
- 2 low power, RF transceiver boards on 868 or 915 MHz band
- 2 MCU boards with ARM Cortex M3 (STM32L) on main board
- Suitable for 6LoWPAN, wireless M-BUS and two proprietary stack
- Software development kit with documentation, STM32L firmware and GUI
- Debug connector, USB interface, SPI interface between MCU and RF transceiver
- Peripherals like temperature sensor, accelerometer, buttons and joystick on main board
- Powered by wall plugged power supply or two AAA batteries by battery holder on the back side
- Modulation schemes: 2-FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK, OOK, and ASK
- Air data rate from 1 to 500 kbps
- Very low power consumption (9 mA RX and 21 mA TX at +11 dBm) ans excellent sensitivity (up to -120 dBm)
- Low duty cycle RX/TX operation mode
- Automatic acknowledgment, retransmission, and timeout protocol engine
- AES 128-bit encryption co-processor
6LoWPAN USB dongle
The USB dongle has nearly the same features like the evaluation kit but comes without the sensors. With two USB dongles and the properitary stack you can test the range easy. It you replace the ceramic chip antenna carefully to a customised antenna solution, then you will rise the range for sure. If you are not sure how to replace the antenna on the 6LoWPAN dongle, then it is save to ask your local Field Application Engineer or an engineering office with focus on wireless communication for advice. As we all know is the antenna the key to success in and wireless application.
6LoWPAN RF transceiver board
It is the same RF transceiver board like listed in the upper mentioned evaluation kit. It can be used for connecting it to an own PCB to design a small customised application quickly. The SMA plug can be removed easy to connect another smaller antenna. Remember that a piece of wire in right length is already a pretty good antenna. You also can connect a coaxial cable with striped open end in right length or you can solder a PCB antenna with coaxial cable direct to the RF transceiver board as well.
6LoWPAN RF module
This RF module will be available soon. With its small footprint of 11 mm x 16 mm including the antenna it will fit in nearly any application. Based on 6LowPAN, wireless M-BUS and two proprietary stack it will cover most of the requests in sub GHz easy.
Schematic diagrams for the peripherals on the 6LoWPAN main board
If you are still not sure which
evaluation kit or wireless technology to select and why, then do not hesitate to drop an email to harald.naumann (at) gsm-modem.de