Thank you for contacting us. More about Mr. Harald Naumann here . Our project questions are:
- Do you have a company profile or website?
- What is your planned IoT / M2M application?
- Do you have prior experience with wireless applications?
- What will be the estimated quantities in the first, second and third year of mass production?
- In which countries you would like to sell your product?
- When do you plan the start the development, to hold the first prototype in your hands and to pass the necessary certifications?
- Are you aware of the number and type of certifications you will need and their costs in your target territories?
- Will the antenna be inside or outside the enclosure?
- What will be the size of the enclosure or the PCB inside the enclosure?
- What kind of supply voltage and source do you plan to use (AC, DC, battery inside with charger etc.)
- Do you need to outsource the development?
Based on your answers to the above questions we will provide a hardware and software concept outline.
For small quantities we prefer concepts utilising connector-based radio modules. For medium to large quantities we prefer SMT mounted radio modules. All components specified will be surface mount to save money and the time and cost of manual work.
If your IoT / M2M device is to be a GPS tracking device then we will need further details. The hardware concepts to track an eagle, a truck, an expensive asset like oil on canvas or a dog are quite different.
If you plan an embedded antenna on a PCB inside a small enclosure, then you will save a lot of money by designing the device around the antenna. The antenna is the key in any wireless application.
Thank you for your time and thank you in advance for your detailed answers. The more detail you can provide, then the more detailed will be our recommendation.
The IoT / M2M Cookbook listed here http://www.gsm-modem.de/M2M/m2m_iot_cookbook/ is a good starting point to guide you and to help you save time and money in development.