Why to use a GSM tester?
Products based on GSM modules are most time developed under standard conditions in a laboratory. The RF conditions are often very good, because the GSM coverage is well, but what will happen if the GSM base station gives the command
to the GSM module to transmit with 2 Watt power?
Is your ground plane big enough? Is your power supply able to support the GSM module with 2 Ampere current peaks? Is the power supply able to support the GSM module with this
high current a longer period? Are the RF parameters during 2 Watt power still OK? This questions and a lot of more can be answered by using of a GSM tester.
What will happen by lowest field strange? Is the sensitivity and the
bit error rate still OK or damage the “noise” of your switched power supply the sensitivity? Is the crystal of your micro controller or the data bus of your micro controller placed on wrong place?
All this questions and a lot of more you can answer and by using of GSM testers.
Simple GSM tester
Features of GSM Tester
- Supports frequency ranges for GSM 850/900, EGSM, GSM-R, GSM 1800 and GSM 1900,
- Power level range -110 to -45 dBm (GSM 850/900); 110 to -50 dBm (GSM 1800/1900)
- Features Auto test mode for automatic tests of GSM modules.
- Provides remote control (for PC controlled operation).
- Delivery includes: operating manual, power supply, test SIM card, adapter cable TNC RF click, calibration report.
Enhanced GSM Module Tester
Features GSM module Tester
- Supports frequency ranges for GSM 850/900, EGSM, GSM 1800 and GSM 1900, testing of dual-band or triple-band phones.
- Power level range 117 to 38 dBm (GSM 850/900); 117 to 42 dBm (GSM 1800/1900).
- Level accuracy 0.9 dBm, measurement accuracy 0.9 dBm
- High sensitivity in asynchronous mode 40 dBm; high dynamic range for I/Q alignment > 60 dB.
- Auto test mode for automatic tests of GSM modules, fault find mode for manual analysis of failures and asynchronous mode for repair and alignment of GSM modules.
- Data call (9600 bps in fault find and auto test mode).
- Value add features: timing advance measurement, test of short message services mobile originated/terminated.
GSM Phone Checker Software for simple and enhanced GSM tester
Simple Go/NoGo tool, which allows the user to test a GSM 850/900/1800/1900 or dual-band phone automatically, without even knowing the type of phone or test procedures.