CMOS camera with RS232 for any type and brand name of GSM / GPRS module
CMOS camera with JPEG compression module performs as a video camera or a JPEG
compressed still camera and can be attached to GSM module or PDA via RS232. Users can send out a snapshot command in order to capture a full resolution single-frame
still picture. The picture is then compressed by the JPEG engine and transferred to the host by serial link (UART on CMOS 3,3 V level).
- Longer distance of the cable between camera and PCB (up to meters)
- Multiplexing for up to 256 cameras
- Support of any GSM / GPRS module
- UART 3,3 Volt, but RS232 (+/- 12 Volt level)
- 115.2Kbps for transferring JPEG still pictures or 160x128 preview @8bpp with 0.75fps.
- Built-in JPEG CODEC for different resolutions.
- Built-in down sampling, clamping and windowing circuits for VGA, QVGA, 160x120 or 80x60 image resolutions.
- Built-in color conversion circuits for 2-bit grey, 4-bit grey, 8-bit gray, 12-bit RGB, 16-bit RGB or standard JPEG preview images.