Questions and answers about NB-IoT antennas are given below. This customer bought my IoT M2M Cookbook, built several NB-IoT PCB antennas based on the template in the book and needs some support. You can easily copy the NB-IoT / GSM antenna in the book into your own PCB design. However, as soon as the PCB becomes short in length, it becomes difficult. Short in the context of the wavelength of the radio system. The smaller the PCB or ground plane becomes, the more complex the development will be. The picture shows an example of a customer-specific development. The antenna structure is not the one from the book. Not every structure is suitable for every application. From case to case, we decide on the type of antenna and the installation location for the antenna.
Request for NB-IoT antenna design
We’re holding a bit on the new design, due to vacations, other versions being produced etc. But, we might need your help with a new antenna design when we get started again. BR Mike
Anser to the NB-IoT customer
we’re ready to help you. Should we measure and document your circuit boards? Or should we set up and measure an empty PCB with antenna and battery in your case?
Under the two links below you will find a rough description of the procedure:
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Extract of wireless IoT related services:
– Matching of the antenna in the device (chip, PCB antenna, helical antenna)
– Guidance on antenna design if undertaken by the client
– Antenna layout of the dual F-antenna on an empty PCB in the customer’s enclosure
– Antenna layout of any other custom PCB antenna: Helix antenna, Flex PCB antenna, Antenna punched from tinplate, Antenna printed on plastic in housing, Antenna on ceramic, Slot antennas and many more techniques
– Antenna with radio module and power supply for extremely low power consumption
– Assisting in the implementation of the antenna or power supply concept in the fully-featured PCB of the customer
– Development of the whole PCB including an antenna with software Development by the customer
– Development of the whole device (HW + SW) following the client’s specifications
– Reference designs with NB-IoT, LTE-M, GSM, GNSS, BLE, Wi-Fi, MCU, sensors, charging electronics for over 20 applications with an open block diagram and the possibility for customers to develop their own code using a free C compiler
– Preliminary measurements and tests required for radio certification
– Radio certification according to RED (CE), FCC and several more standards
– Workshops at the client’s office or via video conference
– Training and seminars on radio technology and radio certification
We look forward to receiving your inquiry to harald.naumann (at) lte-modem.com and will be pleased to submit a proposal. In most cases the IoT M2M Cookbook or the reference design akorIoT SensPRO is only the beginning. After that there are often follow-up orders for the services mentioned above. “akor” is the ancient Celtic word for “open” and we prefer openness in our concepts, and like to share our knowledge in training and to maintain open communication with our customers.